We have an immediate vacancy for an experienced Parts Assistant.
Job Title: Parts Assistant
Salary: £20,000 + dependent on skills and experience
Job Type: Permanent
About the role:
We are looking to recruit a Parts Assistant to join our team. This role will provide support to internal and external customers with parts and ancillary product requirements.
Reporting to the Aftersales Division Manager you will be responsible for performing a variety of tasks, including stock control, goods inwards/outwards, customer and supplier requests, engineer parts requests and quotes via incoming calls and emails, along with general administration tasks.
- Checking incoming parts deliveries and storing appropriately
- Advising suppliers of damaged or of any short shipments
- Picking parts and preparing for despatch
- Raising purchase orders for parts and materials
- Identifying and supplying parts
- Dealing with walk in and phone customers
- Raising sales invoices and taking payments
- Assisting with annual parts stock count
- Collecting and delivering parts when required
- Supporting Other members of the team whether that be Sales, Service or Parts
- You will be IT literate with good working knowledge of MS Outlook, Word and Excel
- Previous experience with Ibcos GOLD would be advantageous
- You will have excellent communication skills both phone, email and in person
- You will be a team player
- You will be able to work under pressure and prioritise to meet deadlines
- You will be able to network and build effective relationships with customers and colleagues
- Previous experience of having worked in parts control or similar customer service role would be preferable
- A Forklift licence would be beneficial but not essential.
If you are interested in the role and would like to put yourself forward, please apply using this link.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Parts Adviser, Storeman, Store person, Storeman Woman, Parts Administrator, Customer Service Advisor, Engineering Parts Advisor, Stock Controller, Warehouse Operative, Parts Specialist, Parts Receipt, Store Maintenance, Good Inwards, Customer Support Advisor may also be considered for this role.